What Is DTG Printing?
Direct To Garment (DTG) is a method of printing t-shirts, hoodies and other fabric garments. It works similar to a regular computer printer that digitally prints any graphic on to the shirt.
What Are The Benefits?
- No minimum orders! - This is perfect for samples or fulfilling orders only when they sell.
- No limit on colours - unlike screen printing, full colour photographs can be replicated. This gives more freedom on your design process.
- Water-based inks - Needless to say, this is better for the environment but also produces prints that are softer to the touch.
How To Prep Artwork
There are a handful of considerations:
- Ensure artwork is at least 300dpi
- The largest print size is 20x16in
- Try to size artwork to the final print size - if it's too small and we have to enlarge it it may pixelate.
- PNG files with no background are most preferable.